Bwin and Party Gaming Merge

Party Casino

It has been rumoured for some time, but now it is official. Party Gaming and Bwin have announced that they intend to merge.

Party Casino Bonus Calculator

+ Your Bonus

= Your Total

Get This Bonus

The merger between Bwin and Party Gaming will create the largest online gaming company in the world and will be the leading supplier of online poker. They will also lead in bingo, sports betting and casino games. Total combined revenues for the previous year were £570 million.

Party Gaming will own 48.4% of the joint venture leaving 51.6% for Bwin investors and the shares will be listed on the London Stock Exchange. The senior management will consist of two chief executives who will be Norbert Teufelberger from Bwin and Jim Ryan from Party Gaming.

In a joint announcement they said that the new company would be “in pole position to capitalise on the wealth of opportunities that will flow from the continued evolution and expansion of the global online gaming industry."

The merger has come at a good time in terms of recent developments in the online gaming laws in the USA and it is anticipated that they will be able to once again accept American players, though in order to do so they would need a physical presence in the US. There are also positive moves in opening up the German online gambling markets.

Shares in Party Gaming soared by 20% as a result of the announcement.  

It is thought that this is the beginning of a more wide scale consolidation of the online gambling and poker markets.

Share This

Find out what's going on in the world of Casino, from big winners to special events, funny bits and the latest Casino announcements.

Latest Stories